For the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester, dataCoLAB will partner with dSHARP to hold virtual consulting hours.
There are several ways to get in touch! If you reach out in advance, our teams will respond and connect you with someone who can help.
- Chat with us directly during office hours.
- Register in advance through the University Libraries Events Calendar.
- Email us anytime! If your interest is in working with datasets, data analysis and visualization, or you need help finding datasets, connect with the members of dataCoLAB by emailing dataCoLAB@andrew.cmu.edu. If you'd like to work with dSHARP, you are encouraged to contact members individually or email the group using email@example.com to schedule a virtual consultation.
Consultations might include:
- Connecting your data analysis problems with an external consultant, or finding datasets to work on.
- Finding, creating, and working with data, including data management, data mining & data modeling, and statistical analysis.
- Learning about the availability of tools and platforms on campus, such as ArcGIS (GIS data), Tableau (data visualization), Open Science Framework, and others.
- Showing you how to work with experimental digital methods.
- Connecting you to resources for self-teaching or the local networks of Digital Humanities and Digital Scholarship practitioners at CMU
- Helping you brainstorm, scope, and begin planning a project.
- Evaluating and offering advice on the display of visual content, such as presentations, poster designs, and web design.
- Providing feedback on your dataset, data management plan, project design, and code.
We will also do our best to refer you to support and expertise around CMU including other Library consultants and the Eberly Center.
Appointments are not required, but we suggest you reach out in advance to help us best answer your questions. We welcome all students, faculty, and staff.